This is a raw copy of the Unreal Engine 4 project used in some of the tutorials on the Tech Art Aid YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/TechArtAid
The archive contains all the levels (.umap) and assets (.uasset) - textures, models, materials, blueprints - presented in the following Tech Art Aid YouTube tutorials:
- How to fix translucent materials (dithered opacity)
- Stylized colors using gradient mapping
- Stealth Invisibility Effect (With Distortion)
- Detailed Texture Blending with HeightLerp and Vertex Painting
- Dynamic Texture Coordinates (Animated, Generated UVs)
- UE4 Optimization: Instancing
- Good-Looking Randomization for Procedural Buildings
- Burning Wood Material
- Making Tools for Level Art in Pure UE5 (only Blueprints, no 3rd party assets)
- Making Tools in Blueprint with Editor Utility Widgets (only Blueprints, no 3rd party assets)
Not included are: third-party content (Megascan, Epic example files), source files (uncompressed textures, editable 3D models).
Updates at this point will almost only be about new UE versions support. On June 1, 2021 I made the project compatible with Unreal Engine 5 too (download the appropriate zip file).
All files in this folder and its subfolders are licensed under CC-BY 4.0:
It means you are free to copy and redistribute the files. You can also use and remix them for any purpose, even commercially, as long as you mention Tech Art Aid in credits, description or other appropriate place.
If you have problems with the archive or something is missing, reach me at: support -at- techartaid.com. I'll do my best to solve technical issues with the product.
2021-08-07: Added "ProcLvlTools_UE5" zip, which contains Blueprints for "Making Tools for Level Art in Pure UE5", "Making Tools in Blueprint with Editor Utility Widgets", "Burning Wood"
2021-05-30: Updated the project to Unreal Engine 4.26 & 5.0 (separate .zip)
2017-06-06: Updated the project to Unreal Engine 4.16.1
2017-01-17: Added files from "UE4: Good-Looking Randomization for Procedural Buildings"
2016-11-07: Added files from "UE4 Optimization: Instancing"
2016-08-23: Added files from "UE4: Transforming Texture Coordinates in a Material". Folder is called PlanarUV.
2016-07-31: Replaced Unreal's content examples with own meshes and materials. Now you can just unzip the archive and it's ready to use.